Audiobooks: Downloading to a Computer
MP3 vs WMA
Audiobooks are available in 2 different formats: MP3 and WMA.
- Compatible with most devices, including Mac and Windows computers.
- Can be transferred to iPod or other compatible music players.
- Can be downloaded directly to mobile devices (such as smartphones and tablets) using the OverDrive Media Console app.
- Compatible with just Windows computers.
- Can be transferred to an iPod or other compatible music player.
Find & Download audiobooks to Your Computer
- In your browser, search for audiobooks through the Library To Go website.
- When you find a book, click on its cover and then “Borrow”.
- If you’re not already logged in, enter your library name and library card number.
- To download audiobooks to your computer, you’ll first need to download the Overdrive Media Console (you only need to download this once).
- Then, from your Overdrive bookshelf, click “Download”. If offered a choice, select “MP3 Audiobook” and then click “Confirm and Download”. Choose to open the file with Overdrive Media Console. Click “okay” or “yes” to any pop-ups that may appear.
Find out more:
- About the Service
- Compatible Devices
- Finding and Borrowing Items & Placing Holds