Sign Up for a Library Card
Your Library membership enables you to borrow books, magazines, DVDs, music CDs, audiobooks, and games. If we don’t have what you are looking for, we can often find it for you at another BC library and have it delivered here.
You can also:
- Download ebooks, audiobooks & digital magazines.
- Enjoy free access to many subscription-based online resources, such as popular & academic journal articles, newspapers, repair manuals, and building/electrical code.
- Use your Kitimat Public Library card throughout the Northwest Library Federation (Houston, Smithers, Hazelton, Terrace, Kitimat, Prince Rupert & Stewart public libraries) and at Coast Mountain College.
- Use your card at most other BC libraries through the BC OneCard program (some restrictions may apply).
Membership is available to all individuals. Membership is valid for one year and is renewable. To apply for a library card, please bring in a piece of photo ID with your current address on it. If your photo ID does not have your correct street address, please also bring either a rental/purchase agreement or utility bill with the street address.
Membership for Kitimat Residents and Kitamaat Village Residents
There is no membership fee for permanent residents of Kitimat and Kitamaat Village.
The non-resident fee is an annual and non-refundable fee of $50 per family.
If you have a valid library card from another library in BC, you have borrowing privileges at Kitimat Public Library through BC OneCard. You must have the card with you and may be asked for additional ID.
Library Card Holders’ Rights and Responsibilities
You are responsible for all the materials borrowed on your card and for any charges on items that are overdue, lost or damaged. (See Loan Periods and Fines for details). Your Library card provides access to licensed databases from outside the Library. You may also look at our catalogue from home over the Internet, and access your account to place holds, keep lists and renew items.
Lost or Stolen Cards
Please report the loss of your Library card immediately. Contact us at 250 632-8985 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change of Address
It is important for us to have your current information. If you change your address or other personal information, contact the Library and we’ll update your record.
Accessing your Account
- Login to your account to place holds, or renew items you have on loan.
- Login with the 14-digit account number on your card (username) and the 4-digit PIN issued with your card.
- We recommend that you change the username and password once you access your account.
- Please contact us if you have any questions.
To change your PIN number, log in to your account, click on the “Account Preferences” tab, and change your password. We do not recommend that patrons use a 4 digit number as their password.
4 digit numbers should only be used for temporary passwords and should be changed to something more secure after the account is created.