Borrow from Other Libraries
Can’t find what you were looking for in the Library Catalogue? You can borrow from another library collection using one of our Interlibrary Loan options.
BC InterLibrary Connect
This is the first option to borrow from another library. Our Library Catalogue is part of a larger system of library collections across the province. You can search all of these library collections at once.
- Click on BC Interlibrary Connect.
- Notice that the Library field is now set to all of BC Interlibrary Connect–not just your home library.
- Place a hold to have the item sent to your home library for pickup
- Return the item to your home library too by the due date
Tip: If you are looking for a particular format (audiobook, movie, large print), make your search easier by selecting a format. Most libraries will lend audiobooks and movies as well as books.
If you weren’t able to find the item you wanted through BC InterLibrary Connect, you can try searching Illume. This is a catalogue that searches across more BC libraries including post-secondary institutions. However, there may be fees involved – please consult library staff.
- Click to access Illume No Login necessary.
- Use Advanced search to narrow your search. Enter your search terms in the available fields.
- You can change the drop-down menus to search by the appropriate field (e.g. title, author, ISBN, etc.)
- Click “Search * Records” button in the bottom right corner.
- A list of items across BC will be displayed. Click on a title for more detailed information (opens a new window).
- If this is the title you want, click the “Request this Item” button.
- In the appropriate fields, enter your Last Name, First Name, and Phone Number.
- Click the “Submit” button at the top or bottom of the page.
- You may close the request window and go back to the search page for more titles.
- We will contact you when it arrives.
Visiting other libraries
When visiting other libraries that are also part of the Sitka system, your home library card can be registered to borrow from that library too. (Note that your card must be registered at the library where you are a resident.)
If visiting a library that is not part of the Sitka system, you can register there through the BC OneCard program. Just ask at the service desk.